About & Contact
Further information About the Understanding Government websites, and Martin Stanley's Contact information, is here.
My blog is here and a link to my Twitter feed is in the footer below.
Those interested in other aspects of government might like to investigate other Understanding Government websites which look at the UK civil service, policy making, and 'speaking truth to power'.
Several of the key issues discussed on the website have been brought together in a Cambridge University Policy Brief - Getting Regulation Right .
This note describes the Six Types of Regulation and Regulator
For a deeper dive, you might like: to read the NAO's Short Guide to Regulation
These websites have other interesting analysis and detail:
- The Better Regulation Executive
- The UK Civil Service
- The Regulatory Policy Institute
- The Centre for Competition Policy
- The Centre for Analysis of Risk & Regulation
- The Brookings Centre on Regulation and Markets
- Antitrust & Competition Policy Blog
- Protect- formerly Public Concern at Work - runs the Better Regulators Campaign which aims to improve responses to whistle-blowing in the regulatory sector
Academic experts, and some of their writing, are listed here.